Returning 2011/2012 Member Registration Information
Updated: February 2013
2012/2013 Winter Season - September 4, 2012 to April 4, 2013
CanSkate1, CanSkate2, A Start Dates - September 30, 2012 & October 4, 2012
Last Sunday CanSkate/A Day - March 17, 2013
Last Thursday CanSkate/A Day - March 21, 2013
Last Day of Regular Skating for Winter Season - April 4, 2013
Ice Show - April 26 & 27, 2013
Spring Session - April 29 to June 1, 2013
Dear Returning 11/12 East York Skating Club Member,
The 2012/2013 Winter Season registration is now closed.
The 2013/2014 Winter Season registration information will be available in August 2013.
2012/2013 WINTER INFORMATION:
Information regarding the 2012/2013 Winter season - see below.
- Dowload Returning Member Cover Letter-NOW POSTED
- Download Returning Member Application Form-NOW POSTED
- Download Credit Card Authorization Form-NOW POSTED
- Download Step-by-Step Procedure for filling out Application Form
- Download 2012/2013 Winter Brochure
- Download Learn to CanSkate Flyer
FEES, SCHEDULE & QUALFICATIONS:
Before proceding with registration (ON-LINE or MAIL-IN) please remember to read the following under Winter Registration carefully so that you will know what choices your are making:
1) QUALIFICATIONS-to determine your session, then go to
2) FEES-corresponding to your session to see your fees, and finally go to,
3) SCHEDULE-corresponding to your session to see your skating times
FEE PAYMENT PROCEDURES:
1) For ON-LINE Registrations—Follow on-line registration procedures once posted.
2) For MAIL-IN Registrations:
Payment by CHEQUE, VISA OR MASTERCARD will be accepted.
CHEQUE PAYMENTS: Payable to East York Skating Club (NSF accounts see below)
Option #1: Payment in full by cheque dated AUG 31st or Day of Registration
Option #2: Payment in 3 instalments with post-dated cheques for:
AUG 31st/Registration Date, OCT 15th, NOV 30th
3) For IN-PERSON Registrations (from Sept 4 onwards ONLY)–Payment by CASH, CHEQUE, VISA, MASTERCARD or DEBIT will be accepted.
CONFIRMATION OF APPLICATIONS
Confirmations for ON-LINE registration will be sent by e-mail.
Confirmations for MAIL-INS/IN-PERSON will be given at time of registration.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT APPROPRIATE PAYMENT FOR FEES WILL BE RETURNED/DENIED.
SKATERS MAY NOT TAKE THE ICE UNTIL THEIR APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN FULLY PROCESSED AND THEIR FEES HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED.
FULL MEMBERSHIPS & HOME CLUB MEMBERS given first priority.
ENROLLMENT IS LIMITED & BASED ON FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
REMINDER OF THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN REGISTERING:
1) CLUB CONTRIBUTION- WE NEED YOU!:
With the rise in costs (expenses etc...), the club wanted to help keep the costs down for the membership. Part of how this is achieved is having our parents ASSIST WITH jobs (this happens in many other organized activities your children take part in). This aspect of your WINTER REGISTRATION can be completed very easily without a large time committment. It can be fulfilled while your child is on the ice (parents are required to be in attendance while their skater is on the ice as we do not allow skaters to be in the rink without parent supervision, especially at the lower levels). This can be a 1 time event during the winter season which may amount just handing out items to skaters as they leave the dressing rooms. Club Contribution is very important in our club as it is the basis of how your club operates. Your help is greatly appreciated. THIS SECTION MUST BE FILLED OUT TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION.
2) Important Note regarding SKATE CANADA MEMBERSHIP & INSURANCE LIABILITY FEE ($35):
Every skater must declare a home club for the season. By paying the $35 through East York you are declaring East York as your home club. "More importantly included in this fee is mandatory insurance. Anyone participating in a Skate Canada sanctioned program, regardless of type or duration must be registered and pay the $35 fee".
The reason it is not included in your session fees is that not all skaters will declare East York as their home club and will pay their $35 through another club (which is allowed as long as the $35 is paid through one club). For this reason we have to be able to give each registrant the option of selecting Yes or No when paying the $35. Please remember to select 'YES' for "East York SC will be my home club for the 2012/2013 season (Skate Canada Membership & Liability Fee Applies) ($35.00)" in Step 5 of your online registration process if you are declaring East York SC as your HOME CLUB for the 2012/2013 season.
Reminders for B TO E SESSION SKATERS skating OFF-SESSION and/or registering for the MORNING PROGRAM:
- Remember that if you are planning to skate OFF-SESSION you must remember that the majority of your days must be on your own session i.e. IF YOU ARE SKATING 4 DAYS PER WEEK THEN YOU MUST SKATE 3 DAYS ON YOUR OWN SESSION.
- If you are signing up for the MORNING PROGRAM you must register for this separately. Which means you will have to register once for your own session and then go back and register again for the morning program. Please remember to only pay once for your Skate Canada Fee once. (This does not include those who are using morning times as an extra day or an off-session skate)
2012/2013 REGISTRATION NUMBERS:
Numbers on the learn to skate sessions:
- CANSKATE1 AND CANSKATE2 THURSDAYS only has 7 spots left
- CANSKATE1 1:45, CANSKATE1 2:30 & CANSKATE2 SUNDAYS still have space
- A SESSIONS ON SUNDAY AND THURSDAY still have space
Numbers on the B to E & Adult sessions::
- B SESSION SUNDAY- 2 spots left
- B SESSION TUESDAY - 9 spots left
- B SESSION FRIDAY IS BOOKED
- C SESSION SUNDAY - 4 spots left
- C SESSION TUESDAY IS BOOKED
- C SESSION THURSDAY - 4 spots left
- D SESSION MONDAY IS BOOKED
- D SESSION WEDNSEDAY - 9 spots left
- D SESSION FRIDAY - 7 spots left
- D/E SESSION SUNDAY IS BOOKED
- D/E SESSION TUESDAY - 9 spots left
- E SESSION MONDAY - 7 spots left
- E SESSION WEDNESDAY - 4 spots left
- E SESSION THURSDAY IS BOOKED
- ADULT SESSION SUNDAY - open
- TUESDAY & THURSDAY MORNINGS - open
ALL OTHER SESSIONS HAVE SPACE. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list on any of the booked please contact the club.
NSF ACCOUNTS, REFUND/WITHDRAWAL POLICY & CANCELLED DAYS
Accounts that have incurred NSF cheques will be charged $25 and the following will occur:
- The outstanding membership fee and NSF fee must be settled IMMEDIATELY with cash, a money order or a certified cheque ONLY.
- Skater will not be permitted to continue skating or participate in club functions i.e. such as test days, competitions, ice show etc… until their account has been settled.
- Future payments must be paid with cash, money orders or certified cheques.
- PERSONAL CHEQUES WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.
Skaters withdrawing before the start of skating will be charged a $25 Administration Fee.
Club Policy is no refunds after the start of skating. Refunds will only be given in the following circumstances:
- due to major medical reasons or
- program was inappropriate for skater at the CanSkate/A Level ONLY.
The following are the rules regarding refunds/withdrawals:
- $25 Administration Fee for withdrawal prior to the start of skating.
- Withdrawal after the start of skating will only be accepted by written request (for one of the reasons stated above).
- The following withdrawal fees will be charged effective, date of written request: $25 Admin. Fee + $35 Skate Canada Membership & Insurance Liability Fee + $7.50/class attended
NO REFUNDS issued after December 15th except for medical circumstances accompanied with a medical certificate/note. Refunds will NOT be given to those registrants who leave due to their own decision or failure to attend (i.e. vacations, school trips etc...).
Please note that REFUNDS/EXCHANGES will not be given for days that are cancelled due to weather or circumstances beyond the Club’s control. Your fees do not include days that are cancelled by the club due to competitions and test days.
Please read the above carefully. If after reading through everything, you still have questions, please contact Diane Fukushima, the Club administrator @ 416-396-2872 OR East York SC. We hope you are enjoying your summer and we look forward to seeing you in the fall.
East York Skating Club
Reminder that No CanSkate1, CanSkate2 or A session skater to be left at rink without parent supervision:
Just a reminder that all CanSkate1, CanSkate2 & A session skaters should have a parent in attendance at all times during their sessions. Skaters should not be dropped off at the rink without a parent. This is for the safety of the skater as the club is not a "DAY CARE". We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. For more information regarding the "security and safety of skaters" please re-read the Important Information for CanSkate1, CanSkate2 & A session skaters.
Helmet Policy for CanSkate1, CanSkate2, A & Adult sessions!:
As of July 1, 2011 CSA Approved Helmets are now MANDATORY for all skaters not passed their Stage 5 badge (regardless of age). Please note that your skater will not be permitted to take part in the session without an approved CSA Helmet.