Last Updated: 20.September.14
Learn to skate programs for children and more...
WE are located at 888 Cosburn Ave, Toronto, ON, M4C 2W6
Our Mailing Address is PO Box 30001 RPO Woodbine Heights, Toronto, ON, M4C 5J2
Our Office Hours - Monday-Friday 4:30-7pm & Sunday 6-9pm
Contact Information - Phone: 416-396-2872 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
2014/2015 WINTER SEASON - start dates:
First Day of Skating for Sunday CanSkate1, CanSkate2 & Pre-Introductory - Sunday SEPT 28
(Please note that this date was not correct in the online confirmation. Sept 28 is correct.)
First Day of Skating for Thursday CanSkate1, CanSkate2 & Pre-Introductory - Thursday OCT 2
Just a reminder of the change in schedule on September 25 for STARSKATE2 - 5:35 to 6:50.
2014/2015 WINTER SEASON REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
The 2014/2015 Winter season registration is ongoing and you may still still enroll your skater!!!
We have room in all of our CanSkate (Learn to Skate) Programs - see Registration numbers below.
See the side menu (to the left) for link to the information on the following-full winter brochure, calendar, qualifiations, schedule, session times & fees and private coaching.
You have the option to register IN-PERSON or ON-LINE.
IN-PERSON REGISTRATION - takes place @ 888 Cosburn Ave, Toronto, ON, M4C 2W6 on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri and Sun from 5-7 pm (EXCLUDING SATURDAY).
ON-LINE REGISTRATION - please see below for the online registration process.
Please print off the above instructions before you begin your on-line registration-IMPORTANT!
Also, please remember to select yes for at least one volunteer job, as it is a requirement for registration. As well, don't forget to add your Skate Canada Fee in your registration. SEE BELOW.
The link to ONLINE REGISTRATION:
The link for PASSWORD RECOVERY for returning members:
Link for NEW members that need to SET UP AN EMAIL ACCOUNT:
Important Note FOR NEW MEMBERS regarding SKATE CANADA MEMBERSHIP & INSURANCE LIABILITY FEE ($35) to complete your online registration:
Every skater must declare a home club for the season. By paying the $35 through East York you are declaring East York as your home club. "More importantly included in this fee is mandatory insurance. Anyone participating in a Skate Canada sanctioned program, regardless of type or duration must be registered and pay the $35 fee".
The reason it is not included in your session fees is that not all skaters will declare East York as their home club and will pay their $35 through another club (which is allowed as long as the $35 is paid through one club). For this reason we have to be able to give each registrant the option of selecting Yes or No when paying the $35.
Please remember to select 'YES' for "East York SC will be my home club for the 2014/2015 season (Skate Canada Membership & Liability Fee Applies) ($35.00)" in Step 5 of your online registration process as the majority of new members will only be skating out of one club.
SESSION REGISTRATION NUMBERS & AVAILABILITY as of Sept 20/14:
Learn to Skate Program session availability:
- Sunday CANSKATE 1 1:45 pm - space available
- Sunday CANSKATE 1 2:30 pm - 22 spots available
- Thursday CANSKATE 1 5:35 pm - 15 spots available
- Sunday CANSKATE 2 3:25 pm - 22 spots available
- Thursday CANSKATE 2 5:35 pm - 15 spots avaialble
Advanced Learn to Skate Program session availability (passed stage 4 badge):
- Sunday PRE-INTRODUCTORY 4:10 pm - spots avaialble
- Thursday PRE-INTRODUCTORY 7:05 pm- spots avaialble
Introductory, Pre-StarSkate, StarSkate1 & StarSkate2 session availbility:
- Friday INTRODUCTORY 5:45 pm - 5 spots left
- Sunday PRE-STARSKATE 6:30 pm - BOOKED
- Tuesday PRE-STARSKATE 6:00 pm - BOOKED
- Thursday PRE-STARSKATE 4:10 pm - 1 spot left
- ALL OTHER STARSKATE PROGRAMS HAVE SPACE
Unfortunately the club no longer offers an adult program.
NEW FOR 2014/2015 SEASON:
- The CanSkate3 session has been redesigned. It will now be one hour long and has been renamed - PRE-INTRODUCTORY SESSION.
- The club is please to announce that we have hired a new coach-Chanon Ngamdumrong. He will be joining the staff as a CanSkate Coach. Please see the link for on the menu to the left for the full Coaching Staff
- A StarSkate1 or StarSkate2 skater may exchange or add a maximum of one morning session as an extra/exchanged day. Skaters wishing to skate both mornings must sign up for the morning program separately."