Bronze Pilot Privates
What is this program?
Is your skater interested in trying private lessons for the first time? If so our Bronze Pilot program may be perfectly suited for you! This program allows you to skate for up to 30 minutes on any of our bronze/silver or open sessions with a private coach at a discounted rate of $10 per session until April 2024.
The goal of this program is to enable families to try out private coaching, without a huge ice cost commitment. It is also a way for younger skaters to add private lessons without the self-directed practice time right away. We like to encourage all our skaters to consider trying private lessons, in addition to their group sessions. Once they reach Star 2, they will need the help of a private coach and the use of the full ice surface for their Star 2 (and beyond) free skate program and dances.
Who is this program for?
- Pre-Bronze Skaters
- Rising Stars
On the ice:
Skaters are able to skate in a private lesson or semi-private lesson. A semi-private lesson includes two skaters, who will receive the same lesson, at the same time, but the lesson fee is divided by each skater.
Most Starskaters also have some self-directed practice time in their session, but for this Bronze Pilot (30-minute lesson) skaters will be supervised in a private or semi-private. Then when their lesson is complete, they will leave the ice.
- The cost of your private lesson is arranged directly between you and the coach. Parents will pay the coach directly for their lessons. The cost of the ice time is paid to the club.
- The cost for this program will be $10/session paid to the club for the ice time, beginning with the week you register and will continue until the end of the Winter Season in April (no credits for missed sessions).
How to sign up:
If this sounds interesting to you, please follow these steps for enrolment:
- Find a private coach for your skater. Please select a private coach based on their availability and who you feel your skater will have a connection with. https://www.eastyorkskatingclub.com/pages/meet-your-coach/coaches/
- Connect with the coach and confirm a session that works for both of you.
- When connecting with a coach, mention you are interested in the Bronze Pilot Private Program.
And voila that’s it! Your new coach will connect with Amber and the ice times fees will be invoiced directly to your uplifter account.
If you have any questions about the program, please reach out to Shawn Verasammy, our STAR Skate Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you have any questions regarding coach selection please reach out to Amber at email@example.com