COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All Skaters, Coaches and Parents/Guardians (for minors under 18), are required to sign to show they have read and agree to all the protocols and procedures outlined above prior to entering the facility.
- Everyone entering the rink must wear a non-medical mask at all times, when while on the ice.
- All skaters must sign-in through the designated session binder. If skaters are over 12 they must show proof of vaccination to the City of Toronto Staff.
- Spectators are welcome to watch but must show proof of vaccination to the City of Toronto Staff and sign-in.
- Entry to the arena will be through the main doors of the facility. The designated exit for anyone who is on the dressing room level will be through the side door at the bottom of the front staircase, which exits out into the parking lot.
- Everyone who enters the facility must complete and pass the verbal or written health check screening required by Skate Ontario and EYSC, which will be available at the front entrance of the rink
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the front door and the entry to the ice; hands must be sanitized upon entry
- Skaters are responsible for bringing their own personal items such as masks, tissue boxes, water bottles, gloves, etc. There will be no sharing of personal items. Used personal items, such as tissues, must be immediately disposed of into the garbage bins. Please wash gloves and reusable masks daily.
- Please do not eat inside the arena; exception being skaters may take a water bottle to the ice surface. If you are having a snack before or after a session, please do so outside.
- Washrooms facilities are available if required.
- Skaters and Coaches are to maintain at least 2m physical distancing at all times inside the facility, including on the ice surface. Coaches are not to have any physical contact with any skater unless the skater is hurt and first aid is required. A coach must wear a mask if they are attending to an injured skater.
- Music machine - Follow Coach’s instructions. Music area will be disinfected after each session.
- Harness- Mounted or portable harness is permitted. The skater and coach must wear a non-medical mask at all times when the harness is in use. The harness must be disinfected and/or sanitized before and after each use using spray or wipe. The coach/skater should sanitize their hands before and after use. Harness lessons should be limited to no more than 15 minutes with adequate time allowed in between lessons to disinfect the equipment (harness will not be used in fall)
Pre-Can, CanSkate, Teen, Fundamentals & Bronze Groups
All skaters can come into the rink with their skates on; or may get ready in the stands.
They will enter the icepad through the south doors and exit through the east doors.
Skaters may use change rooms to remove skates provided they do not exceed the listed room capacity.
All families will exit the facility through the East Door towards the baseball diamond.
Please refer to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuAUM65vRPU
Due to a lower amount of StarSkaters in the building, they may use the change rooms to put on and take off their skates; provided they do not exceed the listed room capacity.
If skaters wish to warm up, please do so outside the facility while maintaining physical distancing of at least 2m.